Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Why is my burner burning so slow?

I just switched from a 8x speed burner to a 32x speed burner. When burning a dvd, the encoding part takes about the same amount of time (1-2 hours). When I put the video image on a blank dvd, the 8x burner takes about 20 minutes. But the problem is that the 32x burner takes up to 6 hours and cannot understand why. I am using the right blank dvd's (for the 8x burner i used Verbatim 1x-8x dvd+r and for the 32x burner i use Sony 1x-16x dvd+r). I had someone install this for me but cannot give me a legit answer of what's going on. I want to know how to speed up the burning. I am ok with the encoding part. I am still using the same software roxio and dvd shrink and it should not be the problem because i used it before eventhough nero was recently installed. I also had my virus protection on but i did it before with 8x speed burner. When I burn a dvd i set the speed to 16x to match the speed of my blank dvd.



Why is my burner burning so slow?computer protection



I have to agree with the previous poster, I don't think there are any 32x DVD burners. I have a 16x burner, and it performs at about 8-10x. Try updating the firmware on your burner. You can usually do this by going to the manufacturers website and download an .exe file that will update it for you.



Regards,



Brandon



Why is my burner burning so slow?free antivirus download



There is no such thing as a 32x dvd burner. 18 to 21 is the fastest they go right now. 32x is probably for CDs not DVDs

No comments:

Post a Comment