Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Does McAfee security products block online popup windows?

I'm using Godaddy site builder to create a web site. The online help window will not open. Godaddy says I need to disable popup blocking. I'm running windows xp professional with sp2 installed and have disabled popup blocker. I have current version of McAfee security center with virus protection, firewall and spamkiller. Might any of these products be causing my problem and what might be my solution?.



Does McAfee security products block online popup windows?spyware remove



I had trouble with the new version of Mcafee, version 11.0



Try turning off the "system Guard" feature that is listed under "computer %26 files". That worked for me.



I don't know of any explicit pop-up blocker that is part of Mcafee.



Does McAfee security products block online popup windows?virus protection



YES, Turn off all security, windows firewall also.
Depending on your McAfee settings, yes, it might.



Open up McAfee, and play around with the settings until you find the popup blocker. You can either find out how to allow GoDaddy's popups, or you can just temporarily disable the entire thing while you're doing your site construction, and reenable it when you're done. I haven't used McAfee for a while (laptop came with Norton, so I'm just gonna stick with that for now), so I don't know the process of how to do this.
yeah some vs do

No comments:

Post a Comment