Thursday, October 22, 2009

I have a worm that restarts my computer?

I have managed to get a worm that causes my computer to restart randomly. I have two different virus protections installed neither of which can find the bug. I have tried doing verious online scans(housecall, panda) but neither ever complete working. They either freeze, I get an error, or the continually work on the same thing, never moving onto the next step. Housecall found a few things but never got to the step where they "clean up" the things.



I don't want to wipe my hard drive becasue I have all my christmas pics on there from last christmas. Would that even fix the problem if that is what I end up doing? I really don't want to so that because I don't know how to setup my networking.



I have a worm that restarts my computer?microsoft



What is the name of the worm? It could be a ram issue which is causing your comp to restart.



But before checking if it is a hardware problem you can



(1) Download hijackthis



(2) Post the hijackthis log on the hijackthis forum for the hijackthis experts to take a look



I have a worm that restarts my computer?norton ghost



its crawled in yo system, you will have to do system restore to REALLY get rid of it. But that will delete everything except what came on your system. But you can back-up your programs and files with a bunch of CD's or a external hard-drive.
i would call a computer expert in.it would be worth the cost to have them look at ur problem and fix it...sorry gl
get some earth there feel more at home darling
Have you tried any of these free virus removal tools http://www.basicspywaretips.com/freeviru...
I would recommend to download HiJackThis, run and post on a good tech forum. Go to merijn.org to get Hijackthis. I use techsupportforum.com Create an account and post your log file. It's free and their support is awesome and timely.
Try Cyberhawk, It does'nt work on definitions, but on behavior, restricting Questionable activities, It's the only protection on my computer (no traditional antivirus, no firewall), and I've never had a problem of any kind.



http://www.novatix.com/Cyberhawk/
Try installing avast and running. It's a free virus scanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment