Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spyware or Virus Problem...please help?

The background of my computer has suddenly changed to a red advertisement saying, "Your privacy is in danger. Download privacy protection software now." If i click anywhere on it, I get sent to this website. I can't change the background, this linked thing is always on it. Help me please!



Spyware or Virus Problem...please help?house call



This is a very nasty spyware. And even though is is a spyware it mask itself as a virus. This is why very few programs can remove it.



I have ran into this one 8 times in the last 4 months. And all had some form of anti spyware running.



The only anti spyware program I know of that can remove this is Spyware Doctor available from



http://www,pctools.com



It will cost you $39 for a license but it is cheaper than reformatting your drive.



Spyware or Virus Problem...please help?matchless



Get MCAREE
The base of your problem appears to be the ad. I suggest downloading Firefox and the extension Ad-Block Plus. Once installed, the extension allows you to block ads from appearing. To block the ad, right click on the ad and click ad-block. There might also be a block button on the side of the ad which you can click. Then click add filter and OK.



I use AVG, Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy. All are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment