Tuesday, October 20, 2009

When I sign on to Yahoo Messenger, I get an "Add to Messenger" request...from the same per

Regardless of whether I add the person or deny the request, each time I sign on, it pops up again. Oddly enough, if I accept the person, I'm immediately logged off of Yahoo Messenger. If I deny the request, I can stay online. Weird. I've tried reinstalling the program, but the darn "add" request still pops up each time I log on. I have virus protection software, so that's not the issue. The request is from someone name "ar_winston." Anyone experience a similar problem? And better yet, any solutions? Yahoo online help was pretty useless.



When I sign on to Yahoo Messenger, I get an "Add to Messenger" request...from the same person each time...computer



Yes, you have virus protection but how up to date is it? You should check that, if the definitions are more than a week or two old that might be your problem.



Also, do you have spyware protection and a firewall? Look in to all that. Make sure you have all the MS Windows security updates installed and that your browser is updated as well.



When I sign on to Yahoo Messenger, I get an "Add to Messenger" request...from the same person each time...free spyware



i have had a similar problem. a recurring name that refuses to be deleted and returns each time I sign on. The name also multiples itself in the address book. Repeated messages to yahoo for help have been totally ignored and all the virus scans have produced no results. If yahoo decides to come forward with a solution, i am ready, other than that another service may soon be necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment