Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mcafee Virus Scan Wont install because of Ad Adware wont uninstall?

Ok so this is my problem.



I bought Mcafee Internet Suit,Not the total protection.



When I TOTALY uninstalled ad adware it still says on the installitation that ad adware is still on my computer. (Yes i rebotted my computer after i uninstalled ad adware) I really do not want to have bought this program and it wont work on my computer. Will someone please help me! I Need my computer protected ASAP!



Mcafee Virus Scan Wont install because of Ad Adware wont uninstall?free spyware remobal



ok..



you have to go start_%26gt; run%26gt; regedit %26lt;registry editor%26gt; and remove "lavasoft" from



HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --%26gt; software



if you aren't sure ask computer expert



good luck



Mcafee Virus Scan Wont install because of Ad Adware wont uninstall?kawasaki



you have to to remove Ad-aware from the registry



I'm still touch and feel with the registry myself so I don't want to tell you how to do it in case I'm wrong about the process but basically you want to go to start%26gt;run%26gt;"regedit"%26gt;enter



click and look for any reference to ad-aware ( I believe the Parent name is Lavasoft) and delete it reboot then Mcafee should be good to go
mcafee's site will show you how to that and much more
You have to go to control panel and add/remove programs and then try to reinstall the program

No comments:

Post a Comment