Thursday, October 22, 2009

WHAT IS the best computer protection that i dont need to keep scanning? I need a good antivirus/fire

AND CAN I have more than ONE?? WHATS THE difference between anti virus, firewall, spyware, its so confusing? and i WANT ONE WHICH i dont need to keep using and on that gets rid of bad stuff automatically. HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPP



WHAT IS the best computer protection that i dont need to keep scanning? I need a good antivirus/firewall etc?free spyware



Get f-secure firewall and anti-virus. You can get a free trial for 3 weeks. The firewall will tell you about any program connecting to the internet that isn't usual. Like I stop it connecting media player on my desktop. I use the Windows firewall on my laptop - that stops some things coming in but not connections out. So MSN know all my playlists and what music I listen to. So a firewall will protect you against malware, viruses, worms, trojans, etc. the anti virus will scan all emails and everything else coming in for viruses and malware. You can schedule it to scan once a week and do a full system scan at a time when you aren't using the computer or even if you are using it! It does it better if you aren't using it. I also do an occasional scan with Ccleaner - that removes cookies, temporary files and other crap. F-secure also do an online scan - when a virus stopped my anti-virus program working - the online scan found it and deleted it. The program isn't the cheapest - it comes from Finland. If you happen to bank with Barclays give them a ring. I got a discount on the firewall and antivirus for my desktop and a licence for the antivirus for my laptop free for 2 years. I think that offer is still on for people who do online banking.

No comments:

Post a Comment