Thursday, October 22, 2009

Better than Ad Aware 2007 SE? What do you recomend and why?

I was using Ad Aware as a tool for tracking cookies removal and such at both home and all the office computers. It seems its been well over 100 days since there has been an update available for ad aware and to the best of my knowledge there isnt going to be one, so, I must be moving on.



At work we have a serious set up of firewalls that I cannot compromise.



So, Whats good? I am now using a bunch of things Microsoft Malware Scanner, CCleaner, AND Windows Defender.



I dont want to install the CCleaner on all of our computers because it wipes out our saved settings each time and that bugs me, I can just use the Internet Explorer tool to remove temp files and cookies gently so it doesnt wipe out all our data.



Anyhow, what is ewido? Any good? Do you see a reason I should keep CCleaner when I can clean my registiries myself, I need something for the tracking cookies, adware, malware, without compromising my current virus protections?



What do you recomend and why?



Better than Ad Aware 2007 SE? What do you recomend and why?nortan antivirus



Ewido is A-squared Free..I use it and its better than Adaware most of the time.



Better than Ad Aware 2007 SE? What do you recomend and why?nortonantivirus



I used to run an bunch of freeware anti-spyware protection, caus I had heard that a combination of free anti-spyware could get you the same protection as a good paid one. But since I dumped IE6 and switched to Opera I haven't caught anything nasty, besides a few harmless tracking-cookies.
spybot search and destroy, detects a lot of spywares that some can't find. i use a zone alarm sec. and didn't find as much as spybot s+d and its free and file size is smaller than ad-aware
For me ad aware went downhill after the 2007 version came in because it frequently crashed while downloading updates that were manually selected so I got rid of it.



I don't know if it's true but someone told me it is constantly in update mode in the background downloads updates automatically and in fact needs no manual updating.



Anyway right now I rely on spyware terminator (has real time protection unlike ad aware free version) and spyware doctor which is not free. Spybot and super antispyware are also generally highly valued.



True also Opera and Firefox are way more secure than IE when it comes to spyware though not 100% immune to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment