Monday, June 21, 2010

When I was shutting down my computer last night, it said someone else is accessing computer?

and shutting down may cause them to use any unsaved data.....do you want to shut dow.....



Ok have Fios ....I thought I had all the firewalls,Mcaffee.,virus protection...password protected stuff etc...can someone explain what was going on, was it dangerous to computer or my files/info..... is there anything should i do/install ....pls be simple and clear...not real great at this computer stuff..thanks



When I was shutting down my computer last night, it said someone else is accessing computer?pc security



i think you have access to the network or someone on your household access to ur PC or maybe some programs where still running that you havent notice try press CTRL+ALT+DEL then look on application or process if there is a program u didn't know that it uses the internet like spyware. try clean this by using ur virus softwares or spyware softwares.



When I was shutting down my computer last night, it said someone else is accessing computer?symantic



If you are useing a router then someone was useing your connection
You have more than one user accounts in your windows and probably one account was already logged in eg



Administrator + guest



This happens with windows XP often, It's not a security threat..
Are u in a local area network . (Probably yes ) and it means someone using your files etc... If they are acessign your shared files its ok bu if you dont have any shared data .Your computer may need a firewall or something like this. Be in safe :)
You may have left the computer long enough for it to go into sleep mode (usually in 15 min). The computer thinks someone else was using it, because you logged back in. Happens to me all the time.
I had that happen to me one time, thank goodness I have McAfee to protect my PC. other than that I don't know who or what is was it hasn't happened since.
DId it say Other people are Logged on to the computer...



Or Someone else is using computer.????



Big difference.



The first is normal for a computer the second has never been seen.



First one refers to logging into your own computer under own name or Admin...or Guest .



If it did say that the computer isbeing accessed by another then WEP your internet.
just means someone elts at ur house uses your computer and doesn't mean anyone outside your house is using it
It usually happens when two user accounts on Windows XP have been left opened, so when you decide to shut down your computer, it reminds you that the other account was still open as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment