Monday, June 21, 2010

I need a computer geek's help, PLEASE!!!?

My computer was without any virus protection for about three weeks and no it is slower than a....well I can't think of anything...but it's slow. Last time this happened I wiped my whole hard drive and started fresh. I would like to do this again, and I am fine with reinstaling everything, just don't know how to erase the hard drive again.



(It's a Dell Dimension 4100 if that helps)



P.S. If answer is to long you can contact me through my email superhomer1221@yahoo.com



I need a computer geek's help, PLEASE!!!?firewall



go to BIOS (rapidly press delete or f10 during startup) and set your computer to boot to cd. Insert your os cd and run through the installation. at one point, you should recieve a prompt about drive partitioning. delete all partitions you see here, then create a new one, format it using NTFS (either quick or standard, you should see a prompt or the computer will do it for you) and then reinstall your os.



Hope this helps!



I need a computer geek's help, PLEASE!!!?husqvarna



Go to http://free.grisoft.com to get a decent free anti-virus and anti-spyware program.



Install and run it to start cleaning out.



Also, you can go to http://www.safer-networking.org to get Spybot Search %26 Destroy to get another very good free anti-spyware program.

No comments:

Post a Comment