Monday, June 21, 2010

My modem keeps beeping...what does this mean?

I have a desktop Compaq Presario S4000V that was purchased in 2003. Within the last few months, I've noticed that the modem beeps frequently during my usage of the computer. I have no idea what this could be from. I keep up-to-date anti-virus protection running, but this has not been a problem before. I thought it might be the sound card, but both of my speakers work fine. Should I be concerned about the problem and how can I fix it?



My modem keeps beeping...what does this mean?trojan



That beeping is your computer telling you something is wrong. If it is an overheating problem, check the fans are working and as suggested above some air to dust it out. Do it outside,( from experience ) as the dust will be un-believable.



good luck



My modem keeps beeping...what does this mean?abtuvurys 2005



something could be telling you it is over heating. try taking off your cover with the computer off and unplugged and blowing all the dust out. a can of compressed air from any hardware, wal-mart, or automotive store and a 1" wide very soft paint brush do the job well. the heatsinks (metal things) collect a lot of dust and your processors get very warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment