Monday, June 21, 2010

New video graphics accelerator, do I need to update driver?

I could not play Sims 2 at all, so I upgraded to 1 GB of RAM and had a new graphics accelerator installed. The game plays but crashes all the time. I get a VPU recover message or one that says it has crashed and the application will now terminate. If I need to update a driver, how do I do that myself and where do I go? I have tried closing background tasks and disabling virus protection, but nothing is working. Any help will be greatly appreciated!



New video graphics accelerator, do I need to update driver?pop up blocker



VPU recover is a feature exclusive to ATI cards. nVidia might have something similar, I don't know, but if so it's called something different. Anyway, go to ati.amd.com and go the the 'drivers and support' section and download and install the latest drivers. If you don't know what video card you have installed, right click on the desktop, go to properties, settings, advanced, adapter.



If updating the drivers doesn't work, contact whoever installed the card and tell them your problem.



It might be that your power supply isn't powerful enough to run the card. Modern graphics cards are very power hungry and it's not unheard of for one to have to upgrade their power supply to upgrade their video card.



New video graphics accelerator, do I need to update driver?systemworks



what is your video card and maybe i can help

No comments:

Post a Comment