Monday, June 21, 2010

When do you think it's a good time to reformat?

I heard you should reformat your PC atleast once a year because of all the crap you've uninstalled and reinstalled and etc. Is this true? My PC is still running in tip top shape, very fast, no problems, responsive.. I only have 23 processes boot up and I keep everything tight and clean with registry cleaners, spyware/malware scans and nod32 for virus protection.



Do you think it's worth a reformat?



Honestly, what would I be benefitting from with the current condition of my machine?



(Asking now because this week, I do have the time and effort to get it done)



Thanks in advance,



Dom



When do you think it's a good time to reformat?computer virus



If your PC is not showing any signs of strange behavior and has not slowed down then it is fine and you do not have to reformat. Reformatting is really for cleaning up when all is just going to bad to be easily fixed.



When do you think it's a good time to reformat?free spyware remover



Reformat? Viruses? Spyware? What are those? I use Linux.
Personally, I always reformat and reinstall my operating system. Mainly it is just to clean stuff out and have a new install.



It is not a requirement, just personal preference is all.



If your system is running great, then you don't need to do a reformat. But I would recommend backing up your system once a week in case you do have a problem.
You can go here; http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinte... and find some simple tools to help clean things up if you want, they free and fairly small programs. Things like a registry clean up etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment