Monday, June 21, 2010

Help me with formatting!!!???

I need to format my laptop to get it to its factory settings. When i right click my C drive and select format all the right settings are there but then when i press start it says that it cannot format because i need to quit any disk utilities or other programs that are using the drive or a window that is showing the contents of the drive. Now all the windows are closed all applications are closed and the only ting i have running is Mcaffee Virus protection which cannot be turned off. So how do i format?



Help me with formatting!!!???



I don't own a laptop, but I'd have thought that reformatting it would have been the same as reformatting a PC. A very good guide can be found with a quick google search, which gave me this link



http://www.ehow.com/how_6026_format-hard...



It is very detailed and at first glance, its instructions seem fairly easy to follow.



Help me with formatting!!!???antivirus downloads



If you want to format this drive nevertheless, use this way:



Put the installation CD of XP or Windows 2000 into the CD drive assembly and start the computer again. It should soon say "Press a key to start from CD".



If not, you have to change the boot sequence in the computer麓s BIOS. Another option is to use a special function key which shows a boot menu where you can chose the CD drive, if provided. The most common keys for this are [F12] and [Esc].

No comments:

Post a Comment