Monday, June 21, 2010

I cant get limewire to work with windows vista, limewire just says connecting any ideas??

limewire just wont connect to the gnutella network and its getting really fristrating, has anyone else had the same problem or knows what i can do??



i've looked on forums and they all blame Mcafee virus protection but i dont have Mcafee, and ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and ive tried running limewire in compatibility mode with windows XP service pack 2



I cant get limewire to work with windows vista, limewire just says connecting any ideas??software



Memory - Vista needs a lot and Limewire needs a lot too. You need 2 GB for Limewire to work.



I cant get limewire to work with windows vista, limewire just says connecting any ideas??vincent



could be your firewall. have u switched it off
Try right clicking the program and selecting run as admin
I just downloaded Limewire to my laptop with Vista and my mcafee window popped up and asked to allow or not so I allowed and everything is fine. Goodluck but watch out because Limewire is file sharing and you can get corrupt files. Open up your Mcafee in type in the Limewire http/ then click allow. Hope this helps. I hate Vista give me Xp any day.
Download U torent and go on isohunt.com from there type Limewire in. Youll be able to download Limewire Pro via U Torent it downloads really qickly too. Then you can delete U Torent if you wish coz you got Limewire.
Well I haven't actually tried installing it on vista (because it wasnt the best p2p client (has a lot of spam files)). But since it says connecting then I assume the problem is some kind of firewall, or if you have router you need to forward the ports. Vista has build in firewall that should asked you to unblock it (you can check at control panel to see unblocked applications)

No comments:

Post a Comment