Thursday, November 5, 2009

Protection for my Macbook?

Ok so i dont download music but i do have some downloaded music on my itunes from awhile ago. So is it nessasary to get any sort of anti virus, spyware, or a firewall for my new macbook?



Protection for my Macbook?network security



Dude, you have a MACbook, not a windows computer!! Macbooks come with a firewall, so all you have to do is turn it on. Check out Apple's support pages for more info. Also, there is a free firewall at www.clamxav.com which is for mac's.



Protection for my Macbook?norton internet security



Hello. You can turn your firewall that is already embeded inside your Mac on by going to System Preferences and then go to the Sharing area and turn the firewall on. And also for spyware, you can get MacScan and also ClamXav for viruses, although I doubt there are any. I also have a Mac too. Congrats for getting one. :)
lol no. idk if u know but macs are basically imune to any viruses and such. you dont have to worry about getting a virus on a mac, trust me. check out the website if u dont belive me
most virus are spread through IE. IE is not a safe browser.



you should use a more secure browser to protect your PC from virus. i recommand you to use firefox with Google toolbar.



firefox can block any any popup and disable any virus and adware, spyware on webpage, so, firefox is much safer than IE browser.



as you know, most of virus spread throught internet and webpage.



besides, firefox is much smaller than IE, so it run faster than IE. download firefox for free, Just have a try:



http://www.seconddoor.net/firefox/



Good Luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment