Thursday, November 5, 2009

Help! I had sex with someone with herpes and he used protection and i looked up stuff but have a que

My "friend" and I are close and I love with so much and he took me to his place and did say he had herpes. We put on a condom and we made love. The question I had was if I do have the virus or not- I called my gyn and she said it can take about 6 weeks to know. I want to know that if I do have the virus can it lay dormant for years or does it surface in the 6 weeks my gyn said and is there any tests to determine if i have it without having a breakout? I'd love to spend my life with this man but not sure if he wants to with me. Also if I touch his penis but do not have cuts and he discharges even after a outbreak- if i wash my hands immediately afterwards with an antivirus liquid soap can that reduce me getting the virus?



Help! I had sex with someone with herpes and he used protection and i looked up stuff but have a question?antivirus programs



First of all condoms don't offer effective protection against viral infections (genital herpes, HPV, molluscum etc). If he has an outbreak he should definitely not have any type of intercourse as genital herpes is an extremely contagious disease. There's also a chance of passing the STI even if there are no signs of an outbreak. If I were you, I'd take no chances unless I'd see a serious/committed relation.



I had a discussion with a friend of mine which is a doctor and in the practice she said she had a patient that had a very weak immune system because of cancer treatment. His wife had genital herpes which would have been a disaster to catch. They kept it under control with daily valtrex or other type of medication. If you really love this guy go for it, but at least go to a doctor to minimize the chances of getting it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment