Thursday, November 5, 2009

Is windows defender sufficient protection for my new laptop?

... or do I need anti-virus as well? I won't go on the internet until I know my laptop is secure.. thanks



Is windows defender sufficient protection for my new laptop?agv



NO!!!



You need a good anti-virus (not Norton or McAfee) program and prefferably anti-spyware and adware programs.



AVG free edition and ad-aware is a good combo.



Is windows defender sufficient protection for my new laptop?antivirus software



No! Get Norton Internet Security 2008 or a program like this. Plus i recommend CCleaner and Windows Care V2 Personal.
I have used AVG Anti Virus, Zone Alarm Firewall, Spy-bot Search and Destroy and Ad Aware both spyware killers for years. They are all free for personal use and I have had no trouble with Viruses Trojans etc. AVG does not slow the system down as much as some other products and Zone Alarm allows a lot of personal configuration unlike the Windows Firewall. They can all be downloaded from the following linkhttp://www.computeractive.co.uk/. On the home page select downloads and then the appropriate category.I also use Windows Defender from the Microsoft site. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly. Hope this helps
Yes, Winodws Defender should be adequate protection, if it has the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment