Thursday, November 5, 2009

Computer Protection/Antiviruses?

Can anyone help or make reccommend suggestions about anti-virus software or spyware, etc. (I know very little about technology!) I know I had the AVG free trial but it expired. I don't necessarily mind paying for a service, as long as it is reputable.



I currently have some kind of bug, trojan, or virus (just throwing words out there!) that prohibits me from using search engines online. Whenever I click on a link that comes up as a result, I am automatically transferred to another "phishy" looking search site or ebay site.



Can anyone offer advice, tips, or empathy? I would appreciate it! Being a college student, it's frustrating not to be able to use search engines (like when I have a 20 page paper due Monday!) ;)



Thanks all!



Computer Protection/Antiviruses?internet security



I have active virus shield. It's free and works well. You can download it on line.



Computer Protection/Antiviruses?network security



i think u should try Kaspersky anti-virus its like the first or the second best anti-virus program.



but u know what.. the best way to get rid of viruses is to format your hard drive. then install the windows and all the stuff again and an anti-virus software to prevent from getting viruses in the future. coz what i know that when u get a virus and it messes up your computer, some of it stays there, or it goes away with an anti-virus but its effect stays. with formatting u get a clean new computer.
I use NOD32 as antivirus, AVG Antispyware and ZoneAlarm as firewall. I fully recommend them all, but there must be other good programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment